Saturday 10 March 2012

20 weeks


If you could see me now you would see me doing the halfway dance!!!!  (think Kate Miller-Heidke's song "I just can't shake it" rather than anything actually resembling dancing hehehe)

We are now TWENTY WEEKS pregnant and going strong!

It has been a beautiful week, lemme give you a run down: 

We met our midwife, who is absolutely lovely. We have decided do go with a local midwife program, which allows you to have the one midwife for the duration of your pregnancy, birth and aftercare. She is the person we see for check ups, the person we will call when we go into labour, the person will meet us at the hospital to help my amazing wife deliver our baby and the person who will visit us at home after to see how we're settling in.

We got our 20 week ultrasound, and our little Baby Mac is still in there, still the cutest foetus you've ever seen and still sucking away on that right hand! We decided to not find out the sex of baby, for once in my life I actually WANT a surprise (trust me, that's NOT in my character)








My favourite part of this week

 ..... * Drumroll please* .....

WE FELT THE BABY KICK!!!!!

It was last sunday... Jo was resting on the couch and called me over. She told me to put my hand 'right here' and (with much excitement that she had finally felt movement but massive doubts that I would actually feel anything) I did... and I felt our baby move... It was the most amazing thing I have ever felt in my life and I hope that I never ever forget that moment. Our little baby was kicking away, having a little dance party in there! (S/he gets that from Jo, definitely not me :P ). So now, each evening, I lay me head or my hand on my wifes tummy and talk to our baby and get pummled by tiny limbs and bask in the absolute amazing-ness of it all...

Oh, and I have been shopping again (I think I have a problem...) I brought some forest animal themed fabric to make a cot quilt - stay tuned for that, it should be a HOOT!



I discovered folkmanis puppets, they are ADORABLE and baby wants them ALL







I found a sweet little owl pram toy :)


and I will leave you with the weekly belly shot.


Best.Belly.Ever!







4 comments:

  1. Aah!! You girls are just too adorable. That's so amazing you got to feel your little one kick!! The forest animals are darling and a great gender-neutral idea. We can't believe you aren't going to find out the gender!! It will be such a great surprise, but when we are (eventually) preggo I'm not sure I'll be able to handle not knowing!

    Laura (& Sarah xo)
    sprezzaturaourway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't believe I don't want to find out either! I STILL try and figure out what my birthday and Christmas presents are each year :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being more than halfway, now! That's so amazing that you got to feel the baby kick. My wife is 16 weeks now and is feeling flutters for the first time, but I'm trying to be patient and wait my turn to feel movement in there.

    The fabric you bought for the quilt is darling!

    ReplyDelete