Monday 11 June 2012

33 weeks

33 weeks in, I still have moments of 'Wow! This is real!' ... Right now, it's more commonly 'shit! Are we ready?!!' :p

Jo has had several people tell her she's dropped, and is carrying really low. A few have even said that they'd put money on her going early. She's carried quite low the whole pregnancy, with movements and baby's heartbeat always way down near her pubic area... But I can't help but think its a sign she's going to go early, and dare I say, even hope a little ;)

We've started packing our hospital bags and have a list of house chores that we want to get done before baby is here... We've arranged for J's mum to come a week or so before our due date and I have pencilled in my leave. J has 9 working days left and then she can relax and rest a bit before it all happens.

I feel so full of love and hope and happiness right now. Never have I felt so much purpose. Each day I feel my heart swell a little more, each time I lay my head on my love's belly and feel our baby move, I am overwhelmed with a feeling of total awe. I can't wait to meet this person, and spend my life teaching and learning and being a mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment