Monday 1 October 2012

Proud Mamma Monday

Hi everyone! Welcome to the first Proud Mamma Monday :)
 
 
Today my amazing little boy has decided he's a big boy and we are not sure we're ready!!!
 
 
Let me explain...
 
 
We have had Elijah sleeping in a bassinet beside our bed since we brought him home all those weeks ago... Until today...
 
 
He has been getting more boisterous with his kicking and playing and the bassinet has begun rocking a little too much for our liking. We have been discussing when the right time would be to move him to his cot (Which isn in his room!!! As in not in our room!!)
 
 
We decided this morning to move his day sleeps to his cot, just to see how he goes and ease our way into moving him into his own room permanently. I am so proud of my beautiful boy, he went exceptionally well! The first nap was a little unsettled but the last nap of the day was awesome! He woke a little, had a kick and a play then settled himself back to sleep! (Which he hasn't really even done in his bassinet)
 
 
We thought it would take him days to become comfortable but because he did so well, we had a decision to make... and it was so hard! So much harder than I thought it would be...
 
 
After some uncertainty and a cuddle we decided to give him the opportunity to try tonight's sleep in there too.
 
 
Although this is a very hard transition for his mums, I couldn't be more proud. He's in there right now. In his big boy cot in his own room... My clever boy :)
 
 
I hope it goes well, wish me luck! Hopefully he has a good nights sleep (I have a feeling his mums won't be :p)




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Don't forget we're now on twitter! @2aussiemammas
 
 

1 comment: